- Arkansas Department of Human Services Access Arkansas (855-372-1084 toll-free)
- The department maintains an online portal offering information for over 20 different state and federal programs, including food assistance and Medicaid enrollment.
- The ADA will have a plethora of information related to disability laws, senior laws, up to date disability news and much more!
- Arkansas-General: Arkansas Rehabilitation Services Phone: (501) 296-1600 Website: http://arcareereducation.org/about/arkansas-rehabilitation-services Director: Joseph Baxter
- The Department of Rehabilitation Services will have resources to help a plethora of disabilities and individuals interested in working, staying at work, and or trying to become more independent. This is one of the best resources for all things disabled.
- Arkansas-Blind: Division of Services for the Blind Phone: (501) 682-5463 TTY: (501) 682-0093 Website: http://humanservices.arkansas.gov/about-dhs/dsb Director: Cassondra Williams
- The Department of Rehabilitation Services will have resources to help a plethora of disabilities and individuals interested in working, staying at work, and or trying to become more independent. This branch of the Arkansas Rehab services specializes in Blind persons who wish to become more independent.
- Senior Health Insurance Information Program (SHIIP) (800-224-6330)
- SHIIP enlists counselors to give residents unbiased information about Medicare, Medigap, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D (drug plans) and long-term care insurance options.
- Long-Term Care Ombudsman (LTCO) (501-508-8858)
- A LTCO identifies, investigates and resolve complaints made by — or on behalf of — long-term care residents. The program also offers education and assistance in obtaining needed services, and coordinates efforts with service providers.
Home- and Community-Based Resources
- ARChoices in Homecare: Arkansas Department of Human Services (866-801-3435 toll-free)
- ARChoices offers home and community-based services for adults over the age of 65 — and people living with disabilities over the age of 21. These services assist with everyday activities like bathing, dressing and preparing meals.
- Independent Choices: Arkansas Department of Human Services (866-801-3435 toll-free)
- The Independent Choices program is an option under Medicaid that helps family members, excluding spouses and legal guardians, receive compensation for personal care services. This program also provides home modifications and assistive technology.
- Living Choices: Arkansas Department of Human Services (866-801-3435 toll-free)
- Living Choices is an assisted living program that enables you to live on your own in an assisted living facility — an alternative to living in a skilled nursing facility, or at home.
- Arkansas Transit Association (ATA) (501-372-8900, 877-372-8904 toll-free)
- The association advocates for and provides information about transportation options for elderly and disabled people throughout the state.
Specific Audience Resources
As our site grows and we acquire more volunteers to help in the gathering of Information of their state We will update lists and resources accordingly.