- 211 (866-728-8445 toll-free | 2-1-1)
- 211 is a free 24-hour, telephone service that connects callers with local health and human service agencies offering support with food, housing, employment, health care, crisis counseling and other needs.
- The ADA will have a plethora of information related to disability laws, senior laws, up to date disability news and much more!
- Florida-General: Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Phone: (850) 245-3399
- Toll-Free: (800) 451-4327
- TTY: (850) 245-3399
- Website: http://www.rehabworks.org/
- Director: Allison Flanagan
- Florida Health Finder (888-419-3456)
- Florida Health Finder is a service of the Agency for Health Care Administration this agency compares the quality and cost of different health care providers, including hospitals, nursing homes, hospice programs and physicians.
Home- and Community-Based Services
- Florida Alliance for Assistive Services and Technology (FAAST) (850-487-3278)
- FAAST provides Floridians free access to information, referral services, education programs and publications on topics related to disability rights, laws and policies and funding opportunities for assistive devices and durable medical equipment that are largely covered under Medicare and Medicaid.
- Area Agency on Aging (AAA) or Aging and Disability Resource Centers (ADRC) (800-963-5337)
- Florida’s AAA is made up of 11 regional ADRCs. Each ADRC provides seniors and caregivers with information and access to local, state and federal long-term care resources. The ADRCs administer home and community-based services including companionship, respite services, meal delivery and transportation to medical appointments.
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) (866-487-9243 toll-free)
- The FMLA entitles eligible employees of covered employers to take unpaid, job-protected leave for specified family and medical reasons with continuation of group health insurance coverage under the same terms and conditions as if the employee had not taken leave. Information can be found on the Department of Labor website.
- Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- (Miami: 305-536-4456 | Jacksonville: 904-232-2627)
- HUD provides information on housing options for seniors and veterans, including resources on appropriate living arrangements and financial issues. HUD-approved housing counselors are available for consultations.
Care for Caregivers
- Caregiver Action Network (855-227-3640)
- The Caregiver Action Network is a nonprofit agency providing free education, peer support and resources to family caregivers across the country.
- Family Caregiver Alliance (FCA) (800-445-8106)
- The Family Caregiver Alliance (FCA) offers services to support caregivers including care planning, direct care skills, wellness programs, respite services and legal/financial consultation vouchers.
As our site grows and we acquire more volunteers to help in the gathering of Information of their state We will update lists and resources accordingly.