Kansas Resources

General Resources

  • Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services (KDADS) (785-296-4986)
    • The KDADS provides services to foster independence, dignity and security to all Kansans. KDADAS’s services for older adults include providing behavioral health, addiction and prevention programs; managing the four state hospitals and institutions; administering the state’s home- and community-based services waiver programs under KanCare, the state’s Medicaid program; and directing health occupations credentialing.
    • The ADA will have a plethora of information related to disability laws, senior laws, up to date disability news and much more!
  • Department for Children and Families
  • Kansas Insurance Department (KID) (800-432-2484 toll-free (Kansas only).
    • The goal of the KID is to regulate insurance companies that sell to Kansans; educate consumers on all things related to insurance and securities (including frauds and scams); and advocate for a competitive market to give Kansans a choice when shopping for products. 

Home- and Community-Based Resources

  • Kansas Advocates for Better Care (KABC) (800-525-1782 | Info@kabc.org)
    • KABC advocates for quality long term care for older Kansans whether residents of licensed adult care homes, nursing homes or those receiving long-term care at home. KABC publishes a number of helpful eldercare booklets including an annual listing Good and Poor Performance Trends in Kansas Nursing Facilities. It also offers training to family and paid caregivers on best elder care practices. Their staff is available weekdays to provide guidance and support to older adults and family members seeking providers of good quality long-term care or needing assistance to solve a problem with care.
  • Disability Rights Center of Kansas (DRC) (785-273-9661 | 877-776-1541 toll-free)
    • The DRC is empowered by federal law to advocate for the civil and legal rights of Kansans with disabilities. DRC Kansas has attorneys and advocates on staff who provide such services free, including for Kansas seniors who are victims of crime. DRC’s services focus nearly exclusively on disability rights issues.  

Specific Audience Resources

  • Kansas Commission on Veterans Affairs Office (KCVAO) (785-296-3976 | 800-273-8255 press 1 or text 838255)
    • KCVAO provides aged or disabled veterans with rehabilitative, residential, and medical care and services and provides direct access to State of Kansas veteran-specific resources and benefits. KCVAO also helps veterans and their families present claims for veterans’ benefits to the federal government and offers veterans low-cost loans to acquire farms and homes.  

As our site grows and we acquire more volunteers to help in the gathering of Information of their state We will update lists and resources accordingly.

* The email will not be published on the website.