- Department for Aging and Independent Living (DAIL) (502-564-6930)
- DAIL oversees and manages resources for older adults and persons with disabilities and their caregivers. This state agency can provide an overview of aging and caregiver services in the state.
- Community Action Kentucky (502-875-5863)
- This statewide association supports 23 partner agencies that provide social services related to asset building and financial planning, employment, education, transportation, housing and nutrition services.
- The ADA will have a plethora of information related to disability laws, senior laws, up to date disability news and much more!
- Office of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Department for Medicaid Services (800-635-2570)
- Through the Medicaid waiver program, older adults who are eligible for nursing home payments can apply to receive medical and support services allowing them to continue living at home.
- State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) (877-293-7447 toll-free)
- SHIP provides one-on-one counseling and assistance to people with Medicare and their families. The agency can help with obtaining benefits, filing claims and understanding health care options.
- Kynect (855-306-8959 toll-free)
- Kynect helps Kentucky’s families easily access health insurance and public assistance benefits information through an online application and account.
Specific Audience Resources
- SAGE of the Bluegrass (502-893-0788)
- SAGE of the Bluegrass strives to build a sense of community and provide services and support that enhance the quality of life of the older LGBTQ community.
Care for Caregivers
- Family Caregiver Support Programs (502-564-6930)
- Family Caregiver Support Programs offer a wide range of services for caregivers, including information about resources, assistance accessing services, counseling and training.
- VA Caregiver Support (855-260-3274 toll-free)
- The caregiver support program provides caregivers of veterans with resources, training, education, advice and support.
As our site grows and we acquire more volunteers to help in the gathering of Information of their state We will update lists and resources accordingly.